* Cocoa is one of the highest known natural sources of anti-oxidants in the world. It is rich in Flavan-3-ol, anti-oxidant compounds which can improve cognition, lower blood pressure and increase circulations.
* Cocoa butter used in couverture has lower melting point. This increases ‘friendly cholesterol' HDL levels and maintains total cholesterol level.
* Cocoa butter which is one of the main ingredients in the preparation of couverture chocolates, helps in combating kidney problems and also prevents cardiac diseases.
* Real couverture dark chocolate is said to reduce risk of arteriosclerosis (thickening of walls of arteries in a person's body which hampers the blood flow).
* The phenethylamine present in chocolate uplifts one's mood instantaneously.
* Due to low glycemic index of chocolate, one can be carefree about surge in blood sugar levels.
* Theobromine present in couverture chocolate hardens tooth enamel and cures cough.
* Flavonoids present in cocoa can help one in getting glowing and healthier skin.